We are planning on opening: Governor Baker just announced Phase II opening, which allows for recreational camps to operate. We are developing protocols so we can tentatively start July 6 in Belmont (all camps before July 6 in Belmont are cancelled) and maintain our July 20 start date in Wayland. We still have not received final confirmation from Belmont or Wayland, so those dates are pending approval from both the Wayland and Belmont Board of Health and Recreation Departments. We are working within the Governor’s new policies and working within town regulations to ensure camper safety to the degree possible.
Camp will be different and limited: We want to be candid—camp will look very different from previous summers. Among the anticipated changes:
- Outdoors only (and cancelling on bad weather days)
- Running 9 am to 3 pm only (no extended day)
- Creating groups of 10 kids who will stay together (isolated from other groups) for the entire week.
- No contact while we are in Phase II (e.g., no scrimmages). This could relax to allow scrimmage if the state moves into Phase III (as early as June 29).
- No inflatables.
These changes may be relaxed slightly if we move from Phase II to Phase III in Governor Baker’s reopening plans.
We will be opening a new registration once we have received approval by Belmont to operate. To receive updates, please register and join the waitlist for a week so we know you are interested.