For Wayland K-8 camps, registration will open at 8 pm on Sunday, 2/21.
For Belmont K-8 camps, registration will open at 9 am on Saturday, 2/27.
We will run 9am – 3pm at both camps for $225/week.
Wayland runs the weeks of July 19, July 26, August 2, and August 9 (tentatively at Claypit Hill School).
Belmont runs from June 28 to August 13 at PQ Park, and we will try to open up more camps at the beginning and end of the summer shortly as field availability allows.
High School and CIT programs will open sometime in March.
Please see our COVID policies page for a link to our full set of policies as well as a summary of our plan that include Phase II and Phase III protocols.
We are working with the Town, and we got word that we WILL be running 7/20 through 8/14 at Claypit Hill School for Grades K-8; 7/27-7/31 for Grade 9 at Claypit Hill School; and 8/10-8/14 for Grades 9-12 at the High School (9am-3pm for all camps). We will operate with some limitations in line with the Governor’s regulations.
We have received permission to run our camps in Belmont!
We want to continue to be overly communicative with you about our camp operations. We’ve already announced that we will have a new registration period for camps this summer. All previous registrations have been cancelled, and we have refunded all families for their initial enrollment. We will be opening our new registration tomorrow (Friday 6/26) around 6pm and will follow this schedule based on when families registered originally:
- Registration will open to families who signed up on the first or second day. They will have 24 hours to register.
- Registration will then also open up to families who registered at any point in January. These families will have 24 hours to register.
- Registration will then also open up to families who registered at any point in February. These families will have 24 hours to register.
The schedule will continue/end when all of our groups are full. We will have five groups, each with ten campers and 2 counselors.
Currently, our plan is to have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th-8th grade group. These groupings are subject to change based on enrollment as well as a potential transition to phase 3. Due to our constraints with the number of campers per group, we will have a cap of ten for each age group.
We are planning on opening: Governor Baker just announced Phase II opening, which allows for recreational camps to operate. We are developing protocols so we can tentatively start July 6 in Belmont (all camps before July 6 in Belmont are cancelled) and maintain our July 20 start date in Wayland. We still have not received final confirmation from Belmont or Wayland, so those dates are pending approval from both the Wayland and Belmont Board of Health and Recreation Departments. We are working within the Governor’s new policies and working within town regulations to ensure camper safety to the degree possible.
Camp will be different and limited: We want to be candid—camp will look very different from previous summers. Among the anticipated changes:
- Outdoors only (and cancelling on bad weather days)
- Running 9 am to 3 pm only (no extended day)
- Creating groups of 10 kids who will stay together (isolated from other groups) for the entire week.
- No contact while we are in Phase II (e.g., no scrimmages). This could relax to allow scrimmage if the state moves into Phase III (as early as June 29).
- No inflatables.
These changes may be relaxed slightly if we move from Phase II to Phase III in Governor Baker’s reopening plans.
We will be opening a new registration once we have received approval by Belmont to operate. To receive updates, please register and join the waitlist for a week so we know you are interested.
We plan to run our Belmont Camps June 22 (assuming no snow days) through August 28, 2020 at a combination of the Butler School and PQ Park.
- June 22nd Multi-Sport
- June 29th (4 days) Multi-Sport
- July 6th Soccer
- July 13th Multi-Sport
- July 20th Soccer
- July 27th Multi-Sport
- August 3rd Soccer (Tentative High School Team Camp in Belmont)
- August 10th Multi-Sport (Tentative High School Team Camp in Wayland)
- August 17th Soccer
- August 24th Multi-Sport
We plan to run our Wayland K-8 soccer camps at the Middle School and Claypit Hill School for four weeks from July 20 through August 10, 2020 (Locations TBD).
We hope to have registration open by the end of MLK weekend! We’re excited for another great summer!
We plan to run our Belmont Camps June 17 (assuming no snow days) through August 30, 2019 at either (or a combination) of Butler School and PQ Park.
We plan to run our Wayland K-8 camps at the Middle School and Claypit Hill School for four weeks from July 29 through August 23, 2019 (first week at Middle School and final three weeks at Claypit).
Registration is now open.
Our tentative 2018 dates and prices are below.
We expect registration will be open the night of February 2 by 10 pm. We will announce on this page, Twitter, our Facebook page and will email participants from last season. Belmont K-2 throughout summer and weeks of August 20 & 27 (both Belmont and Wayland) traditionally fill very quickly.
Tentative weeks and prices (day camps run 9 am to 3 pm with extended day options for K-8 camps and discounted summer passes for all age groups):
- Belmont Multi Sport & Soccer Day Camps: June 18-August 31 (gr K-6 and some 7-8) [$195/wk]
- Wayland Soccer Day Camps: July 30-August 24 at Wayland High Claypit Hill (gr K-8) [$225/wk]
- Middle School Elite Soccer Day Camp: July 30-August 3 at Wayland High (gr 7-8) [$240/wk]
- Freshman Introductory Day Camp: July 30-August 3 at Wayland High (gr 9) [$240/wk]
- High School Elite Technical Day Camp: August 6-10 in Belmont (gr 9-12) [$250/wk]
- High School Elite Scrimmaging Day Camp: August 13-17 in Wayland (gr 9-12) [$250/wk]
- High School Off-The-Ball Evening Conditioning Clinics: Tue and Thur July 10 – August 2 (gr 9-12) [$10/session]
Champion Soccer School was named a Patron ($1,000+ donation) as The Friends of PQ Park need to raise at least $35,000 by September 30, 2017 to perform a complete renovation of the playground. If successful, construction could start as early as April 2018! CSS will additionally help this effort by entering into a drawing for a free week of camp any family who is named or already has been named a donor (in any capacity) AND likes the CSS Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/ChampionSoccerSchool/). We will announce the winner by October 15, 2017.
To make a donation, see the Friends of PQ Park website at: http://friendsofpqpark.weebly.com/.
We are announcing our tentative 2017 Wayland camp dates, and registration will be active around the end of January. See our Schedule & Pricing page for more info!
- When: Weekly from July 24 through August 18
- Price: Weekly cost of $225 per week (9am-3pm); $100/week more for extended day (8:15am-6pm)
- Summer pass for $500 – three weeks (9am-3pm); $560 – all four weeks; $800 extended day all four weeks
- Discounts for multiple weeks
- Each week of camp is FULLY refundable up until the minute that camp starts
- Location: Wayland High School
- Details: All camps are co-ed, entering K-8